Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes about 4 dozen
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3/4 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Finely chopped Hazelnuts
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a few baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using a hand held electric whisk, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk for a couple minutes or until thick and creamy.
3) Add the flour, baking soda and salt and fold until your dough comes together.
4) Using a really small ice cream scoop (about the size of two teaspoons) form cookie balls about 1/2 inches round and place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
5) Dip the bottom of a drinking glass in sugar and gently press it down each cookie ball to flatten them slightly, then add a pinch of hazelnuts to half of the cookies and bake them for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
6) Allow the cookies to cool completely then make little sandwiches (making sure the hazelnut topped cookies are the top) with some Nutella, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve!
Report a problem