Cook time10 minutes
- 2 lbs of Cleaned Calamari, already cut into rings
- 1/2 cup of Sliced Pickled Cherry Peppers patted really dry with a paper towel
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 1 Tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a heavy duty bottom pot half way with vegetable oil and bring it up to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, add the flour, calamari and cherry pepper slices. Add a touch of salt and pepper and toss everything together to make sure the calamari and peppers are well coated in the flour.
3) Add half of the calamari and pepper at a time in the hot oil (make sure to shake off the excess flour) and fry them for a few minutes or until lightly golden brown and crispy.
4) Take them out and lay them on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with the old bay and toss them really well to make sure the old bay is coating them well.
5) Serve the calamari with your favorite sauce or some good ole’ lemon wedges.
Report a problem