Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 6 to 8 Chicken Thighs, bone in and skin on
- Seasoning of Choice
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 8oz of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of Orzo
- 1-3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh chopped basil and Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Season your chicken on both sides with seasoning of choice and plenty of salt and pepper, add the chicken to a preheated shallow dutch oven or large oven safe skillet, with oil, sear for a few minutes on both sides then remove to a plate and set aside.
3) In the saem skillet (discard some of the fat if the chicken rendered too much) add the shallots and saute for a couple minutes, then add the tomatoes and garlic, saute one more minute then add the orzo and toast saute, for 2 minutes, add the wine and cook once more minute.
4) Add the stock, cream and parm, stir to mix then add the chicken back in, skin side up (and any juices collected in the bottom of your plate, pop the whole thing in the oven for 25 minutes.
5) Remove from the oven, add fresh herbs and dig in!
Report a problem