Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- A small pinch of Saffron Threads
- 2 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of Long Grain White Rice
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 14oz Can of Diced Tomatoes or Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup of Small Pimento Stuffed Green Olives
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Chopped Parsley or Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large skillet with high sides, preheated over medium high heat, add the oil and let it get nice and hot. In the meantime, toss the chicken with some salt, pepper, add it to the hot pan and cook it until color develops on all sides.
2) Add the onion, peppers and garlic, season lightly with a touch of salt and pepper and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they soften and develop a touch of color, add the rice and cook it stirring around and toasting it up a bit for about a minute or two. Add the paprika, granulated garlic and onion, stir it all together and allow everything to cook for about a minute.
3) Add the broth, tomatoes, saffron and cooked chicken and bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or so or until the rice is fully cooked.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste, add the peas and olives and fluff everything together with a fork allowing everything to cook together for a few minutes.
5) Scatter some parsley or cilantro on top and enjoy!
Report a problem