Cook time40 minutes
- 1lb of Ground Turkey or Beef
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Parm
- 1/2 of a Yellow Onion, grated
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, grated
- 15oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 2.5 cups of Water or Stock
- 8oz of Shells
- 2/3 cup (or more to taste) of Ricotta
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil
1) In a Dutch oven, brown the ground turkey in the olive oil over medium-high heat, add in the grated onion and garlic, cook for a couple minutes then add in the Italian seasoning, a couple Tbsp of parm and chicken bouillon.
2) Stir in the tomato paste, cook for a minute then add in the diced tomatoes and water (or stock if not using chicken bouillon) bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes then add the shells, cook about 8 minutes, adjust the seasoning to taste then turn it off, place lid on and let it sit for 10 minutes.
3) Stir in the ricotta, parm and basil and dig right in!
Report a problem