Cook time25 minutes
- 2 Large Onions, peeled, cut into rings and each piece separated
- 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups of Buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Celery Salt
- 1 tsp of Parsley Flakes
- A few dashes of Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Onion
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil
1) In a large dutch oven, add enough oil so that it comes halfway up the sides of the pot, allow the oil to come to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, buttermilk, egg, baking powder, salt, pepper, hot sauce, parsley and paprika so that you have a very smooth mixture.
3) Dip each ring into the batter, shake off some of the excess and add them to the hot oil. Allow them to cook for about a minute on each side or until deeply golden brown.
4) Drain on a paper towel lined plate and serve immediately!