Cook time20 minutes
For the panna cotta:
- 2 cups of Half and Half
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 2 Envelopes (1/4 ounce each) of Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- Zest of 1 Small Orange
- 2 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the cranberry syrup:
- 12 oz bag of Cranberries
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- Zest of 1 Orange
1) Start with the panna cotta. In a small bowl, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top, set it aside for a few minutes.
2) In a saucepan, add the heavy cream, half and half, orange zest and sugar and bring to a simmer.
3) Once itís at a simmer, remove from the heat, add the gelatin mixture along with the white chocolate chips and vanilla and whisk until they melt and you have a smooth mixture.
4) Pour the cream mixture in your serving glasses and pop them in the fridge.
5) NExt, work on the cranberry mixture. In a saucepan, add the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and zest and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
6) Strain the cranberries through a sieve making sure to press on them to release all the juices.
7) Allow the cranberry syrup to cool in the fridge for an hour then give it a good stir to loosen it, then top the panna cotta with it and allow it to set for about 4 hours.