Cook time55 minutes
ServingsServes 4 for a smaller portion or 2 for a bigger portion
- 2 ½ cups of Whole Milk
- ½ cup of Arborio Rice or Risotto Rice
- ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp of Freshly Grated Orange Zest
- ½ tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Compote:
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 2 Plums, cored and cut into large chunks
- Juice of One Large Orange
- ¼ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1) In a large saucepan, add the milk and bring it to a gentle boil, add the rice, turn the heat down to medium low and allow it to cook for 25 minutes stirring often.
2) To make the compote, add all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook it over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the fruit has started to cook down but still has a bit of texture.
3) When the rice has had it’s 25 minutes, add the sugar, vanilla and orange and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
4) Serve the rice pudding warm or cold with a spoonful of the fruit on top!
Report a problem