Cook time30 minutes
- 12 oz of Paccheri or any Medium cut pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a Small Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, sliced or minced
- 24 oz can of Plum Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Large Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Eggplant, sliced into either rounds or half moon slices
- 1 Cubanelle or Bell Pepper, cut into large pieces
- Fresh Basil
- Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh Ricotta
- Toasted Walnuts or Pecans
1) Fill a large pot with some water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) Grill the pepper, zucchini and eggplant on a grill pan for a few minutes on each side (this recipe really is best with leftover grilled veggies from the outdoor grill but this will mimic that a bit) or until they develop grill marks, set them aside while you make the sauce.
3) In a large skillet with high sides, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until they soften, then add the tomatoes along with the paprika and cook for about 10 minutes.
4) After 10 minutes add the grilled veggies (this is also the perfect time to add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions) along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook the sauce until the pasta is fully cooked.
5) Before draining the pasta, remove about ⅓ cup of the starchy cooking water.
6) add the drained pasta to the sauce (remove the pepper if you choose too) along with the starchy water and a good grating of parm and allow it all to cook together on high heat for about a minute or so.
7) When ready to serve, add a dollop of ricotta, a grating of parm, some fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil and some toasted nuts over the top and dig in!
Report a problem