Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 8oz of Pancetta or Bacon, diced and trim off as much fat as you can
- 1 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of Sliced Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of Vodka
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup of Tomato Puree (any tomato sauce will do)
- 1lb of Rigatoni
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Lots of Parm
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous amount of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a shallow Dutch oven, add the oil and shallots, once they start sizzling, add the pancetta, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and basil, cook for about 5-7 minutes or until they start to cook down and develop a sauce.
3) Add the vodka, reduce by half, then add the heavy cream and tomato puree along with more basil, salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 15 minutes, partially covered, meanwhile, time cooking your pasta so it gets done at the same time as the sauce.
4) Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, add plenty of parm, bit more basil and more black pepper let it all cook together for about a minute then serve!
Report a problem