Cook time minutes
- 1 lb Parciatelli or Bucatini
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- 8 oz of Center Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- ¾ cup of White Wine
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1 28 oz can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil, torn or chopped
- Pecorino romano cheese, to taste (optional)
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in some salt.
2) In a large non stick skillet with high sides, over medium high heat cook the bacon with the 1 tsp of oil for about 3 minutes. Remove the bacon onto a plate leaving the drippings in the pan.
3) Add the chopped onion and reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to cook down and develop some color.
4) Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the hot pepper flakes, cooked bacon and wine and cook until the wine reduces by half.
5) Add the crushed tomatoes and turn the heat back up to medium high and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce is nice and thick. Add the pasta to the boiling water about 10 minutes before the sauce is done. Drain it well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and the fresh chopped basil.
6) Add your drained pasta and toss until every strand of bucatini is coated in that smoky sauce. Top with fresh grated pecorino if you would like.
Report a problem