Cook time minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 4 oz of Pancetta, cut into small dice
- 1 lb of Penne Pasta
- 1 32oz can of Italian Peeled and Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in some salt, bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and let it get nice and hot over medium heat, add the pancetta and let it cook for a couple minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Add in the garlic and hot pepper flakes and let it cook for another minute.
3) Add the canned tomatoes and give it a nice stir, reduce the heat to medium-low and allow it to cook for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is nice and thick. When the sauce has about 10 minutes left, cook the pasta into the boiling water according to package instructions making sure to drain it well.
4) Add the drained cooked pasta to the sauce add the parsley and grate in about ½ cup of parmiggiano, give everything a big stir adjust the seasoning if necessary and enjoy!
Report a problem