Cook time20 minutes
- 2 15oz cans of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb of Mussels, steamed, taken out of the shell and reserve ½ cup of the liquid
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 or 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Small Cut Pasta, ditalini is best
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Basil
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Place the beans in a large pot and cover them with enough water to come up just about 1/2 inch from the top of the beans, bring to a boil.
2) In a saucepan, saute the garlic in the oil, add the tomatoes and let those cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
3) Add the mussels with their liquid to the tomato mixture, turn the heat up to medium high and let the mixture cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Add the mussels and tomato mixture to the beans, bring that to a rolling boil and add the pasta.
5) Cook the soup for about 8 to 9 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked. Stir in the basil and parsley, turn the heat off and let the soup sit covered for about 10 minutes (this is the secret to getting a thick and incredible pasta e fagioli)
6) Serve and enjoy!
Report a problem