Cook time30 minutes
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, core removed and florets cut into small pieces
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Hot pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 12 oz of Short Rigatoni or any other short cut pasta
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of Fresh Breadcrumbs, made from a few slices of Italian bread
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ˝ tsp of Fresh Lemon Zest
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in some salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and garlic and let it sizzle over medium heat, add the hot pepper flakes and cook them for about 30 seconds or until the garlic is lightly golden brown and fragrant.
3) Add the cauliflower, season well with salt and pepper and sauté for about 8 to 10 minutes or until most of it is turning a lovely golden brown color.
4) Add the chicken stock and turn the heat down to medium low. You can cover the pan with a lid if you would like at this point.
5) Allow the mixture to cook for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is nice and tender.
6) When the cauliflower has about 10 minutes left to cook, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to packaged instructions. Reserve ˝ cup of the starchy cooking water.
7) Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the cauliflower, add the starchy water along with the butter, parsley and cheese and cook the mixture together for about 1 minute on medium heat until the sauce thickens and coats all those pieces of pasta.
8) Add the pasta to a large platter and serve as is or make the bread crumb topping.
9) To make the topping, add the oil to a skillet and let it preheat over medium heat. Once it’s nice and hot, add the bread crumbs, parsley and lemon zest and let it toast up for a few minutes or until the mixture has a lovely golden toasted color all around and the bread crumbs are crunchy.
10) Sprinkle this mixture all over the top of the pasta. Serve immediately!
Report a problem