Cook time40 minutes
- 12 oz Penne Pasta or any pasta shape of your choice
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 oz of Pancetta, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 2 14.5oz cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 cup of Pickled Cherry Peppers (about 3 peppers) seeds removed and peppers torn or chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp of Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil and preheat it over medium heat, add the pancetta and cook until the pancetta renders it’s fat and crisps up a bit, this will take around 5 minutes.
3) Add the garlic, saute for an additional 2 minutes or until the garlic lightly browns.
4) Add the tomato sauce, the Italian seasoning and sugar, give everything a nice stir bring the mixture up to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low. Partially cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
5) About 10 minutes before the sauce is done cooking, the pasta water should be boiling, add the pasta, cook according to package instructions and drain well.
6) Add the cherry peppers to the sauce along with a good pinch of salt and pepper, stir in the pasta, parsley and parmigiano.
Serve right away!