Cook time10 minutes
For the pesto:
- 2 cups of Fresh Baby Arugula, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 of a Clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp of Toasted Chopped Almonds
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt to taste
- 12oz of Rigatoni
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 lb of Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1) Fill a large pot with some water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the cooking water and allow to cook until al dente, reserve about half a cup of the cooking water then drain the pasta.
2) To make the pesto, add the arugula, parsley, lemon, garlic, almond, parm, salt and one tablespoon of oil. Start pulsing and then with the motor running, stream in the oil and blend until your pesto comes together, set aside.
3) In a skillet with high sides (make sure the skillet is big enough to hold everything in) add the olive oil along with the garlic and let it come to a sizzle over medium heat, add the shrimp, season with a pinch of salt and cook until they are cooked through.
4) Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the shrimp along with the pesto (and any of the starchy cooking water if you need to thin it out a bit) cook everything together just for a minute then serve it up!
Report a problem