Cook time20 minutes
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 tsp of Worcesteshire Sauce
- 1 tsp of Salt Free Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dry Onion Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced into half moon slices
- 3 Tbsp of Mayo mixed with 1-1/2 Tbsp of Ketchup
- 8 Slices of American Cheese (or any cheese you like)
- 8 Slices of Rye Bread (or any bread you like)
1) In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and cook the onions in the butter until they soften and develop some color, this will take about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, make the patties.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, dry onion flakes, granulated garlic and salt, form 4 patties out of the mixture (make sure they are nice and thin) and set aside.
3) When the onions are done, remove them to a plate, increase the heat to medium-high in your cast iron skillet (if your skillet is well seasoned you donít need to add any oil to it but if itís not, add about 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil at this point to keep the patties from sticking) add the patties and cook them for a few minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
4) To assemble the sandwich, smear a little mayo mixture on both sides of the bread, top with a slice of cheese, then followed by the patty, some of the onions, another slice of cheese and close it with the the other slice of bread.
5) Cook the sandwiches in the same skillet with the remaining butter making sure to press them well with a spatula while cooking.
Report a problem