Cook time50 minutes
- 5 Large Egg Whites
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp of White Wine Vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 1 tsp of Orange Zest
- 1 Tbsp of Orange Juice
- 4 cups of Mixed Berries
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Using a 8” pie plate as a guide, draw a 8” circle on a piece of parchment paper with a pencil, turn it over (so that the pavlova is not touching the pencil) on a baking sheet and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (make sure your bowl and attachment are extremely clean with no grease residue anywhere otherwise the egg whites wont whip) beat the egg whites until they start becoming foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar and whisk until its starts developing stiffer peaks.
3) With the beater running, gradually add in the sugar, one Tbsp at a time, beat until it becomes thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
4) Using a spatula, fold in the vanilla, cornstarch and vinegar, being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
5) Spoon this mixture in the center of the circle you’ve drawn on the parchment paper, and using either a spoon or offset spatula, spread this mixture evenly around the 8” circle, making sure you have a slight edge so the center will be a tiny bit of an indent.
6) Bake the pavlova for about 50 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly and let it cool in the oven completely.
7) In a small saucepan, add the jam, orange zest and juice, cook it over medium heat for only one minute or until it warms up and becomes runny.
8) In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it forms soft peeks, add the sugar and continue to whisk until it forms stiff peeks.
9) Spoon the cream in the center of the pavlova and smearing it evenly all over the top, top with the berries and drizzle the runny jam all over the top.
Report a problem