Cook time30 minutes
ServingsMakes about 20
- 2 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 12 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces and very cold
- 4 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening, cut into small pieces and very cold
- ½ cup of Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces and very cold
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- About 2 or 3 Tbsp of Ice Water
- Pinch of SaltFilling:
- 2 lbs of Fresh Yellow Peaches, peeled and chopped into about ½” pieces
- ¼ cup of Peach Jam
- ⅓ cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ up of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Paste
- ⅛ tsp of SaltFor the topping:
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of milk
- coarse sugar
1) To make the crust, place the shortening and butter in the freezer for about half an hour.
2) In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, salt and cream cheese and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Add the cold butter, lemon juice and shortening and continue to pulse until they are evenly distributed throughout the flour.
4) While pulsing, add one tablespoon of water at a time to the mixture until it comes together in a ball.
5) Divide the dough in half, wrap each half in plastic wrap (form them into a disk) and pop them in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
6) In a large bowl, add the peaches, flour, sugar, jam and vanilla paste, mix together well and sit aside.
7) Take the Crust out of the fridge about 10 minutes before you’re ready to roll it out.
8)Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
9) On a floured surface, roll out each piece of dough about a little less than ¼” thick.
10) Using a 4.5” round cutter, cut out your circles, fill them with about 2 ½ Tbsp of the filling (place the filling towards one half) , brush the edges with the egg wash, fold over the other half making sure to squeeze out any excess air, using a fork that’s been dipped in flour, seal the edges.
11) Make a little slit on top of each one, brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle over a little raw sugar.
12) Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
Report a problem