Cook time45 minutes
For the cake:
- 1-3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 tsp of Ground Cardamom
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Bosc Pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter, diced
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line the base of a 9” spring form pan with some parchment paper, spray the whole inside of the pan (including the sides) with some non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand held electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and whisk until smooth, add the milk and sour cream and combine.
4) Take about 1/4 cup of the dry ingredients, toss with the diced pears and set them aside. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl with the butter and eggs mixture and whisk until combined then fold in the pears.
5) Pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth the top and set it aside while you work on the topping.
6) In a small bowl, add all of the topping ingredients and using a pastry cutter, blend to cut the butter into the flour and sugar, then sprinkle this all over the top of the cake.
7) Bake for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked through, allow it to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: In the video I stated to bake at 375F but the correct temperature is 350F.
Report a problem