Cook time45 minutes
- 12 oz of Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- A pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1/2 cup of Vodka
- 1 28 oz can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 12 oz of uncooked Penne pasta
1) In a large skillet with high sides, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and preheat it over medium high heat, add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and saute until the chicken browns on all sides (it wonít be fully cooked through at this point) remove to a plate and set aside.
2) In the same skillet on medium heat, saute the onion in the remaining olive oil for about 4 to 5 minutes minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the vodka and cook until itís reduced by half.
3) Add the crushed tomatoes, granulated garlic, granulated onion, basil, oregano and hot pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cook partially covered for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Meanwhile fill a large pot with water, add in a generous sprinkle of salt and bring it to a boil.
5) After 40 minutes, season the sauce to taste and add the heavy cream and partially cooked chicken (with any juices that collected in the bottom of the plate). Turn the heat up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes.
6) At this point, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
7) Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, turn the heat off and add a few fresh basil leaves and the grated parmiggiano. Stir to combine and serve right away.
Report a problem