Cook time minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Water
- 4 slices of fresh Pineapple, cored or canned pineapple
- Maraschino Cherries
- 1 1/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 2/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch cake pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2) Place the 2 tbsp of butter in the cake pan and place it in the oven until the butter melts.
3) Add the brown sugar and water to the melted butter and mix to mix. Place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture and arrange the maraschino cherries all around. Set aside while you make the batter.
4) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar, add the sour cream, egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just until everything is mixed thoroughly and bake for 35 minutes.
5) After 35 minutes take it out and let sit for 5 minutes only. After the five minutes invert onto a plate and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Report a problem