Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 4 Large Zucchini, halved lengthwise and center scooped out
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 oz of Button Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil plus a bit more for the zucchini
- Pinch of Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinara Sauce
- 1-1/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- Handful of Pepperoni, chopped
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking pan with a little marinara sauce, add the zucchini cut side up, drizzle them with a little oil, salt and pepper and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil, preheat it over medium high heat, add the turkey, cook until mostly cooked through, then add the peppers, mushrooms and onions, season with a good pinch of salt, and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the veggies cook down a bit.
3) Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add about 3/4 cup of marinara sauce, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella, mix until combined, then stuff your pre-cooked zucchini boats with this mixture.
4) Top the stuffed zucchini with a little more cheese over the top, followed by pepperoni and a pinch of oregano, pop them back in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.