Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the shrimp:
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1-1/2 cups of Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- Seasoned Salt to taste, I used 1 teaspoon in the breadcrumbs mixture and 1/4 tsp in the flour
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika
- 1-1/2 lb of Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Vegetable Oil for fryingFor the mayo:
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- 1/4 cup of Sweet Chili Sauce
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1) Add enough oil to come halfway up in a heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet and preheat to about 360 degrees.
2) Assemble your dredging stations, first the flour and salt, then in a shallow bowl whisk the eggs, milk and small pinch of salt and finally, on a plate mix together the bread crumbs, granulated garlic, paprika, seasoned salt and Italian seasoning.
3) Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shake off the excess, then dip in the egg, coat in the breadcrumbs and fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
For the mayo:
4) Whisk together all of your ingredients and adjust to taste.