Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the chicken and marinade:
- 3 lb of Chicken Leg Quarters or Skin on Bone in Thighs
- 1 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Regular Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Hot Sauce (I used Franks hot sauce)
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, grated or minced
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 lb of Red Skinned Potatoes, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
1) Trim the chicken of any excess fat, place in a dish big enough to hold the chicken in but not much bigger (or the marinade won't do its job) set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together all the spices, brown sugar, hot sauce, olive oil, lemon, garlic and salt, pour all over the chicken and make sure to rub the marinade evenly, cover and pop in the fridge a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
3) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, drizzle a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan, make a layer of potatoes, followed by the onion, add a pinch of salt to season the potatoes, then continue with another layer of potatoes and onion, lay the chicken on top, spoon over any marinade leftover in the dish and bake for 1 hour.
4) Allow the chicken to rest a bit before serving!
Report a problem