Cook time10 minutes
- 2 lb of either boiled potatoes, mashed until very smooth or 2 lb of leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups of ALL Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- Sauce of Choice
1) On a lightly floured work surface, start mixing together the mashed potatoes, flour and salt and then start kneading (add a touch more flour at a time if the dough is too sticky but donít over do it or they will be heavy and dense) until the dough comes together.
2) Take about a golf size ball of dough, roll into a 3/4 inch rope and cut 1/2 inch pieces, then roll each piece on the back of a fork to create ridges.
3) Line a couple baking sheets with a lint free kitchen towel, sprinkle with flour and add the gnocchi on a single layer (youíll need a couple of baking sheets for this) then loosely cover with another towel and set them aside for a couple hours.
4) When ready to serve, boil in salted water until they float, then toss them in a hot skillet with some oil to crisp up and your choice of sauce.
Report a problem