Cook time15 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- ¾ cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ½ tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Filling:
- 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup of Confectioner Sugar
- Zest of One Clementine
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15X10 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray it with some non stick spray, set aside.
2) In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk together the sugar and eggs on medium high speed for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture has become super thick and pale in color.
4) Add the Pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix it in so it’s nicely combined.
5) Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix it just long enough for the batter to come together but don’t over mix.
6) Pour the batter into your prepared pan, pop it in the oven and bake it for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked though.
7) Cool for just 5 minutes.
8) Lay a large lint free kitchen towel on your counter and dust it generously with confectioner sugar.
9) Turn the cake onto the kitchen towel, peel off the parchment paper and roll it up with the towel into a jelly roll starting from the short side.
10) Allow it to cool for about an hour and a half on a wire rack.
11) In a large bowl, with a handheld whisk, add all the ingredients for the frosting and whisk it together until you get a super smooth mixture.
Unroll the cake, spread it evenly with the filling, re-wrap it and cover with a towel, and pop it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or up to overnight.
12) Cover it with confectioner sugar and cut into thick slices.
Report a problem