Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 cups of syrup
For the Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Heavy Cream for the Thick Foam or Whole Milk or Half and Half for Froth
1) To make the syrup, add all ingredients to a saucepan, stir to combine then bring to a boil over medium heat, once it’s to a boil, cook for 3-5 minutes or until it thickens slightly and the pumpkin and sugar have dissolved. Allow to cool completely before using.
2) To make the thick foam, in a small jar (big enough for an emersion blender) add 1/4 to 12 cup of heavy cream (the amount and ratio of cream to syrup is up to you, I suggest 1 Tbsp per 1/4 cup of cream or milk) add some of the syrup and using an emersion blender, blend for a few seconds until the cream thickens, set aside.
3) To assemble, pour the coffee over ice, sweeten with desired amount of syrup then top with the sweet cream.
NOTES: Substitute your favorite milk or even dairy free milk here, just make sure neither are low fat or it won't froth. The ratio for frothing milk and syrup is the same, 1/4 cup for 1 Tbsp of sweetener (I misspoke when I said 1/2 cup in the video) but remember it's just a guide and I like my coffee unsweetened, you might want to double the amount of syrup.
You can replace the sugar with your favorite sugar substitute (make sure it's a 1-1 ratio as regular sugar) and once the syrup has cooled, keep it in a jar, sealed, in the fridge for a couple weeks!
Report a problem