Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6 six with a small appetite and 4 with a large appetite
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp of Ground Sage
- 1 tsp of Fresh Thyme
- 2 cups of Pure Pumpkin Puree, store bought or homemade
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- ľ cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add the oil in a large soup pot thatís been preheated to medium heat, add the onions, carrots and celery and let them cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent.
2) Add the chicken stock, pumpkin puree, thyme and sage and let the mixture come to a boil, turn the heat to medium-low and let it simmer fr 15 minutes.
3) Puree the soup ether in batches in a blender or using an immersion blender.
4) Add the cream, season with salt and pepper and cook for just 2 more minutes, just long enough to warm up the cream.
Serve with some croutons if you like.
Report a problem