Cook time10 minutes
- 1 ⅓ cups of Half and Half
- 1 lb of American Cheese, I get mine in slices and then chop them into small cubes
- 1 4oz can of Mild Green Chilies
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Died Tomatoes, for topping
- Pickled Jalapenos, for topping
- Fresh Cilantro, for topping
- Tortilla Chips for Serving
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, add the half and half, allow it to come to a simmer then slowly start adding the cheese while constantly whisking and continue to do that until all of the cheese has been added and the mixture is nice and smooth.
2) Add the chilies, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, cook for 1 more minute, then transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly before topping it and serving it.
3) Optional, you can broil the top (watch video for visual instructions) to really kick things up a notch!
Report a problem