Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the crust:
- 2 lb of Potatoes, I use idaho or russets
- 1/2 of a Small Yellow Onion
- Few tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 5 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Couple Tbsp of Freshly Grated Parm
- 3 oz of Shredded Cheese, such as Gruyere or Cheddar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Shred the potatoes on a box grater, soak them in some water for about 30 minutes, (preheat your oven to 400 degrees in the meantime) then remove from the water, squeeze out any excess liquid from them and place them in a bowl, shred the onion on the same box grater add it to the potatoes along with two tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper and mix well together to combine.
2) Add a couple tbsp of oil to a 9 inch non-stick, oven proof skillet (I use a skillet because if the bottom hasn't gotten super crispy, I can pop it on the burner to crisp it up for a few seconds) then add the potato mixture and pat it in evenly all over the bottom and sides, pop it in the oven for 25 minutes.
3) In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, parm, salt and pepper, pour into you partially baked crust, then scatter in the cooked bacon followed by the cheese, pop it back in the oven for another 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and crust is golden brown and crispy.
4) Once ready, loosen the sides with a knife or spatula, if the bottom doesn't seem very crispy, pop it on your stove top on medium heat until it crisps up (this is why i love using a skillet for this) then slide it out onto a platter, allow it to sit for a bit before serving.
Report a problem