Cook time5 minutes
ServingsMakes about 1 quart
- 4 cups of Sliced Kirby Cucumbers
- 1-1/2 cups of Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Kosher Salt
- Few Cloves of Garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp of Dill Seeds
- Small handful of Fresh Dill
1) In a small saucepan, add the vinegar, water and sugar, bring to a light simmer and set aside until the mixture has cooled quite a bit but still warm.
2) When the vinegar mixture is warm to the touch, add the salt, dill seeds and garlic, set aside to cool completely.
3) Dip the dill in the warm vinegar mixture and place it in a jar along with the sliced cucumbers, pour the cooled vinegar mixture in the jar, seal tightly, give it a shake then pop them in the fridge for about 48 hours. These will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks, the longer they sit the softer they become.
Report a problem