Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 6-8, as an appetizer
- 2 cups Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsely
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, cream, flour, cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture together until it’s well combined, set aside.
2) In a large skillet, add enough oil to come up about ¼ of the way up the sides, get the oil nice and hot over medium-high heat.
3) Using a ¼ cup measuring device, add your dollops of ricotta mixture to the hot oil and allow them to cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate.
4) Cook these in batches and keep adding more oil if you need to in between batches.
5) Serve with some marinara sauce or eat them as is!