Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 2 to 4
- 4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4oz of Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes, the ones packed in oil, drained
- Pinch of Oregano
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce or 3 Tbsp of Tomato Paste diluted with some water
- 8oz of Rigatoni
- Fresh Basil
- About 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Fresh Burrata
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet or shallow Dutch oven, add the olive oil and shallots along with a small pinch of salt, saute until they soften and begin to develop a little color, about 6 minutes, add the garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook for one more minute.
3) Add the sun dried tomatoes and some fresh basil, saute a few minutes, then add the tomato sauce along with about half cup of the salted boiling water, cook on low while you add the pasta to the boiling water and cook 2 minutes shy of al dente.
4) Add the pasta straight to the sauce, along with some of the starchy water, increase the heat to medium high and cook all together for a couple minutes, then remove from the heat, top with burrata and serve.
Report a problem