Cook time minutes
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 cup of Arborio Rise or Risotto Rice
- ½ cup of White Whine
- 4 Cups of Chicken Stock, might need a bit more
- ½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- ½ tsp of Saffron Threads
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken stock and saffron and bring to a simmer, turn the heat down to low and let it sit there as you make the risotto.
2) In a large deep saucepan, large enough to hold the risotto and all the broth, add the oil and onions, season with salt and pepper and cook them over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
3) Add the white wine and cook it for 1 minute. Once the wine has reduced, add a ladle full of the chicken stock, making sure that most of that liquid has cooked out before adding another ladle full. Continue adding chicken stock one ladle full at a time until the rice is mostly cooked though. This can take up to 20 minutes.
4) Once the rice is just about cooked all the way, add one more ladle full of chicken stock along with the butter and parmigginao. Stir everything together and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve it right away!
Report a problem