Cook time minutes
- 2 Fresh Portobello Mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary, stem removed and leaves finely chopped
- A Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 4 oz of Smoked Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Roasted Pepper (from a jar is fine)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- A Couple Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Kaiser Rolls or any crusty rolls
1) Preheat a panini press or a non stick grill pan over medium high heat.
2) In a bowl, mix together the garlic, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil, add the mushrooms and coat them in the marinade. Let them sit for a few minutes.
3) Place the mushrooms round side down and grill the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. While the mushrooms grill, grill the buns on the cut side and as soon as they come off the grill, rub a clove of garlic all over the cut side.
4) Assemble your sandwich, place a slice of mozzarella on the bottom, top it with a piece of roasted pepper, some fresh basil leaves, the Portobello and top the Portobello with 1 more slice of mozzarella. Place the top bun on and grill it on your grill pan with either a panini weight or just another skillet weighing it down.
You can also cook this the same way you cook a grilled cheese sandwich.
Report a problem