Cook time minutes
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Raisins
- 3 tbsp Spiced Rum
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp fresh Grated Orange Zest
- 1 Egg
- Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- Coarse Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2 ) In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients. Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the dry mixture. Using your fingers crumble together with the dry ingredients until you get a coarse sandy texture and set aside. In a small bowl combine the raisins and rum, pop them in the microwave for 45 second to a minute or until they have soaked up most of the rum.
3) Add them to the dry ingredients and mix them together to make sure they are all distributed well.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, vanilla and orange zest. Add it to the dry mixture and mix either with your hands or a spatula just until the dough comes together.
5) Dump it on a lightly floured board and shape into a circle about ½ inch think. Cut into 8 triangles and place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush them with egg wash and sprinkle all over the top with the raw sugar.
6) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Report a problem