Cook time1 hours 5 minutes
- 1 lb of Short Cut Pasta such as Penne or Ziti
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves Peeled and Smashed but unchopped
- About 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Provolone
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe, washed and finely chopped
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Fill a large pot of water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a 10 inch oven safe skillet, add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, preheat it over medium high heat, add the sausage and using a wooden spoon break it up as much as you can.
3) Cook the sausage until fully cooked through, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
4) In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil along with the garlic, allow the garlic to sizzle then add the broccoli rabe.
5) Stir the broccoli rabe around in the oil, season with some salt, then add 1/2 of a cup of water, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the broccoli rabe until fully cooked through and all of the water has evaporated, meanwhile, while the broccoli rabe cooks, add the pasta to the boiling water, cook until al dente, drain and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking further.
6) Once the sausage, broccoli rabe and pasta are cooked set them all aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add all of the cooked ingredients plus the cheeses and stir together to combine well.
7) Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet, make sure to brush it all around the sides, add the pasta mixture and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until deeply golden brown.
8) Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Report a problem