Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- ½ lb of Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 2 Ribs of Celery, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 15oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 lb of Kale, rinsed, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
1) Add the oil in a large soup pot and allow It to preheat over medium-high heat.
2) Add the sausage and brake it up a bit with your wooden spoon, allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until most of it has developed a golden brown color.
3) Add the celery, onion and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the veggies have developed some good color and begin to cook down. Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute.
4) Add the chicken stock and canned tomatoes and increase the heat to medium high, allow the mixture to come to a boil.
5) Add the chickpeas and kale and let the soup cook for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
Report a problem