Cook time5 minutes
ServingsServes 2 to 4 depending on appetite
- 4 Slices of Ciabatta, or any kind of Italian bread, about ½’ inch thick
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup of Milk
- ½ cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
- 2 Tsp of Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1) Preheat a large non stick skillet over medium heat and add the butter and oil.
2) In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme and salt and pepper.
3) Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture and let it soak for about 5 to 10 seconds on each side.
4) Cook the bread in the hot oil and butter for 3 to 4 minutes on one side or until deeply golden brown
5) As soon as you flip it, sprinkle the parmiggiano (parmesan cheese) on top of the cooked side and as the second side cooks, the cheese will slightly melt.
Report a problem