Cook time10 minutes
- 1 lb of Raw Shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 of a Red Onion, minced or 4 Chopped Scallions
- 1/4 of Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Mayo
- 1/4 cup of Almond Meal
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Parsley
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt to tasteFor the tartar sauce:
- 1/4 cup of Mayo
- 2 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 3 Gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Terragon
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) To make the cakes, add the shrimp to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, place them in a bowl along with all the remaining ingredients for the cakes.
2) Give everything a good mix, cover with some plastic wrap and pop the mixture in the fridge for about an hour.
3) In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the tarter sauce and pop it in the fridge to chill.
3) To cook the cakes, add a thin layer of olive oil to a large non stick skillet, using 2 spoons make 8 equal little mounds (do this in 2 batches to avoid over crowding the pan) and flatten them slightly to make little patties.
4) Cook them for a couple of minutes on each side or until crispy, set them on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any extra oil and serve with the sauce and a simple side salad.
Report a problem