Cook time30 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb of Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon, diced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Chicken or Shrimp Stock
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of Hot Sauce
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
1) Pat the shrimp dry as much as possible, season with the creole seasoning, and cook in batches in a hot skillet drizzled with a bit of light olive oil, remove to a plate and set aside.
2) Add the bacon, cook over medium-low heat until it renders out all itís fat and crisps up around the edges, once itís there, remove the bacon to a plate, discard of most of the fat leaving behind about 2 tablespoons.
3) Add the onions, peppers and celery to the skillet, cook over medium-heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they begin to soften, then add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, stock and another pinch of creole seasoning, bring a boil, put a lid on, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or so.
4) Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium, let it simmer for a few minutes, then add the cooked shrimp and bacon back in along with a little parsley, allow to cook together for about a minute then remove from the heat and serve!
Report a problem