Cook time20 minutes
For the dough:
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt (coarse, if you use fine salt jus use 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 2/3 cup of Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup of Vodka
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded Sharp Provolone
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- Freshly Grated Parm
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add all the ingredients for the dough, knead on medium speed for 3-5 minutes or until the dough comes together (it should feel tacky but not wet or sticky, if it feels too sticky add a tablespoon of flour at a time (no more than 1/4 cup) until the dough is at the right place.
2) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest and rise for about an hour to an hour and a half until it has doubled in size.
3) Divide the dough in two oiled half sheet pans (9x13 inch or you can make one big 16x16 inch pizza) stretch it out to fit the pan using your hands, cover again loosely with plastic wrap and let them rise for another 45 minutes to an hour. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
4) In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, shallots and garlic, sauté for a few minutes or until softened, add the hot pepper flakes and cherry tomatoes, season with a pinch of salt and sauté until they begin to burst and soften.
5) Add the tomato paste, stir it in then add the vodka and allow to reduce for a minute, add the heavy cream and basil, season with another pinch of salt and let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes, remove from the heat and let cool until you're ready to use it.
5) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees for 30 minutes before baking the pizzas.
6) When ready, top the pizza (I do one with the vodka sauce and one plain for Mia but if you plan on making both vodka or one big vodka pizza then double the ingredients for the sauce and toppings) with some of the sauce, pop it in the oven for about 7 minutes, then take it out, add more sauce followed by the cheeses and peperoni and bake for 15 minutes or until it's deeply golden brown and bubbly.
Report a problem