Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Marinara Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes
- 8oz of Ricotta
- 8oz of Fresh Mozzarella
- Freshly Grated Parm
- 12oz of Lasagna Noodles
- Fresh Basil
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In an oven safe, high sides large skillet, add the olive oil and allow to preheat over medium high heat, add the ground beef, break it up as much as you can with a wooden spoon, season with a pinch of salt and cook until almost fully cooked through.
3) Add the onion and garlic (discard some fat if your beef is a little too fatty leaving behind just two tablespoons) cook for a few minutes until the onion softens then add the sauce and basil and a pinch of Italian seasoning, turn the heat down to low and set aside to slowly simmer while you cook the pasta.
4) Cook the pasta al dente, when ready, drain and add to the sauce, mix all to combine, then top with dollops of ricotta, mozz and freshly grated parm and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until deeply golden brown (or less if you cant it ooey gooey).
Report a problem