Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic And Herb Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2lb of Chicken Breast, thick cut or Chicken Tenders
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, thinly Sliced
- 2 Poblano Peppers, thinly Sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 cups of Salsa Verde
- 8oz of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of Long Grain Rice
- 2 3/4 cups of Chicken Stock
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Squeeze of Lime
- Salt to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a shallow Dutch oven, add the olive oil and allow it to preheat between medium and medium high, meanwhile season the chicken.
3) Add the chicken to a large bowl, add all the seasonings, mix well, then sear well in your hot skillet, then remove the chicken, add the onions and peppers and saute until they soften.
4) add the garlic, cook one more minute, deglaze with 1/4 cup of water if needed, then add the seared chicken back in along with the juices collected, pour the sauce all around, top with the cheese and bake for 25 minutes, meanwhile, make the rice.
5) Rinse the rice really well, add to a saucepan along with the stock (or water and 1 Tbsp of chicken bouillon powder) , bring to a boil, cover and cook on low for 12 minutes, remove from the heat and keep covered until the chicken is ready. When ready to serve, add some chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lie along with a touch of lemon zest and fluff with a fork.
Report a problem