Preparation2 hours 0 minutes
Cook time minutes
ServingsServes 4- 6
For the chips:
- 1 lb of Russet Potatoes, scrubbed well
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- SaltFor the spice blend:
- 2 Tbsp of Dry Buttermilk Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp of Dry Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dry Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 tsp of Sugar
1) To make the spice blend, add the buttermilk powder, granulated onion, granulated garlic, onion flakes, parsley and sugar in a small food processor and pulse about 15 times to insure everything is well mixed, set aside.
2) Fill a large bowl with cold water and set aside.
3) Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes really thin (they should be see through) and add them to the bowl of water.
4) Allow the slices of potatoes to soak for a few hours making sure to change the water every hour.
5) Add enough oil to a large heavy duty pot to come halfway up the sides of the pot and heat it to 375 degrees.
6) Working in batches, dry the potatoes really well on kitchen towels or paper towels (itís important that each slice of potato is very, very dry).
7) Working in batches, fry the chips for a few minutes making sure to stir them around the whole time so they cook evenly.
8) Drain on a paper towel lined platter, sprinkle them with some salt and with the sour cream and onion seasoning and toss them well!
9) Repeat with the remaining chips and enjoy them fresh!
Report a problem