Cook time1 hours 15 minutes
Servings4 to 6
- 8oz of Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 2 Large Zucchini, cut into 1 ½” Pieces
- 2 Large Yellow Squash cut into 1 ½ “ Pieces
- 2 Large Bell Pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 Red Onion, cut into chunks
- 8 cloves of Garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Small Eggplants, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup of Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- ½ cup of Basil Pesto
- ¼ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- Shavings of fresh Ricotta Salata, optional
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Fresh Chopped Basil and Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add in a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3)In a large baking dish, add the peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4) Roast for about 1 1/4 hours stirring occasionally
5) About 10 minutes before the veggies are ready, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, (reserve ½ cup of the starchy cooking water) drain well and put it back in the same pot.
6) To the cooked veggies, add the pesto, herbs and olives and stir them in.
7) Add the pasta to the veggie mixture, add the parmesan cheese and toss everything together.
8) Place it on a serving platter and sprinkle over the ricotta salata.
Report a problem