Cook time15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Anchovy Fillets (the ones packed in oil, not salt)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp of Drained Capers
- 1/2 Cup of Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
- 1 28 oz can of Peeled Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of Italian Tuna Packed In Oil, drained
- 8 oz of Spaghetti
- About 2 Cups of Fresh Baby Arugula
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a generous handful of salt. Bring it to boil.
2) In a large non stick skillet with high sides, over medium heat sauté together the garlic, anchovy fillets and crushed pepper in the olive oil until the anchovies melt and the garlic begins to slightly color and cook down.
3) Add the crushed tomatoes, capers and olives. Give it a stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until thick and nicely reduced. Add the drained tuna making sure you don’t break it up too much and allow everything to cook together over low heat for about 7 or 8 minutes (this is the time to add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook to al dente.)
4) Taste the sauce for seasoning and adjust to taste. Turn the heat off and add the fresh parsley and cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss together to combine, place on your serving platter and top the spaghetti with the fresh arugula.
Report a problem