Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the Chicken and Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp of Neutral Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Onion, halved and roughly chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, halved and roughly chopped (keep seeds)
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Ginger
- 3 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp of Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar (packed)
- Salt to taste
- 3lb of Bone in, Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 2 cups of Long Grain Rice
- 3 cups of Water
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Salt
1) To make the marinade, in a food processor add all of the ingredients for the marinade (except for the chicken), blend until smooth then pour in resealable bag with the chicken (or a container just big enough to hold the chicken and marinade in snuggly) seal and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
2) Allow the chicken to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking, grill on a hot outdoor grill for about 8-10 minutes per side or sear in a hot cast iron skillet and finish cooking in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
3) While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice. In a saucepan, add the water, coconut milk, salt and rice, bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover with a lid and cook on medium low for 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Serve the chicken along with the rice with an extra squeeze of lime.
Report a problem