Cook time minutes
- 7 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded ad chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp of Coriander
- 1 28oz can of Hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound of cooked Turkey, shredded
- For Topping,
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Chopped Avocados
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, cook together the onion, jalapeno and garlic in the olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until the veggie are staring to cook down. Add the ground cumin, coriander, chili powder and oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
2) Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Add the hominy and turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Ladle into the serving bowl and top with some fresh cilantro, chopped avocados and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Enjoy!
Report a problem